Wednesday, March 14, 2007

javo goes salsa


Well, last nite was quite different. When anyone asks if I like dancing, I say yes, but when they ask me if I KNOW how to salsa, its a definitely no. Its different to have a sway, or a booty shake latin style ‘ese’, than to actually salsa. So when my friend Tom told me he was going to try salsa classes I joined him. So there we were, three little mexicans in the introductory class, staring at our toes and asking ourselves why they dont move to where they are supposed to move when they are supposed to move. And it was only the pasito tum tum, the left-right-left -pause - right-left-right. Jajaja, then the frame was a complete fiasco, after holding it for 2 minutes I felt more tired than my usual 20 pushups in the morning (once a year). Anyways, after the grueling hour and a half, and with my abs hurting from laughing so much, I realize that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. who knows, maybe Ill be doing my own “Dirty Dancing, Montreal Nights” soon!

Ill keep you posted!

dancing jav

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm looking into taking Salsa lessons in Montreal, any recommendations on where to take lessons?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home